Togetherness

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

12/31/08

Word for the Year

If you happen to visit my blog...be sure you read all the entries for December 31, 2008...I am on a roll.

Again...I was blog hopping and came across this blog (http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2008/12/one-little-wo-1.html#comments)
...take a read. THEN...determine what your word for 2009 will be...leave me a comment.

My word for the year...as you may read in posts below...is: Align

a⋅lign

Spelled Pronunciation [uh-lahyn] –verb (used with object)

1. to arrange in a straight line; adjust according to a line.

2. to bring into a line or alignment.

3.to bring into cooperation or agreement with a particular group, party, cause, etc


I want to be aligned to God and His purpose for my life.
I want to be aligned to a healthy lifestyle.
I want to be aligned to my husband.
I want to be aligned to other memeber's of my family, friends, collegues.
Ok...leave me YOUR Word for 2009. I am going to talk with Andrea and see if we can do a GIVE A WAY!!!! Andrea makes jewelry and I will work with her to have the winners WORD created!
It will be drawn from the comments!!! WHAT FUN!!!

6 comments:

donna manning said...

I HAVE TO WIN...since I am probably the only friend who knows that you have a "theme" for your new year every New Year's! I haven't posted my resolutions yet, but I am loving "aligned". It is so much what I am feeling right now.
On a different note, I mailed you a Christmas card that came back. Give me your correct address so I can send it.
Also call me...need to talk.
Love you,
Nurse D

Glenda said...

OK, I have my new word for the year. NOURISH. Check it out. love you girl....glenda

Lorie said...

My word is discipline~ to train by instruction and exercise; drill.
~ to bring to a state of order and obedience by training and control.
~ to punish or penalize in order to train and control; correct; chastise.
I need more discipline to become aligned!
Be blessed-Marilyn!
Happy 2009!
Lorie

Anonymous said...

I would have to say my word for this year would be GROW!
1. Not only physically (ha, ha), but spiritually. To Grow in God's word.
2. To Grow as a professional.
3. To Grow as a mother and wife.
4. To Grow as a daughter.
5. To Grow as a friend/co-worker.

I hope to always continue to learn/grow.

Anonymous said...

My word is going to be "empathy". Saturday, I went to the funeral of one of my former students who was killed in a car wreck. I taught him for a whole year and realized that I knew very little about him. It was my fault that I didn't identify with him and then it was too late. I vowed during that funeral to not judge others because I don't know enough about their circumstances, but to try to relate to them and love unconditionally.

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity of the one word to help guide my thoughts and actions in this new year. My one word is peace. During the past year, I have focused on peace within myself; in this new year, I hope to reflect peace in my heart in my relationships with others.