Togetherness

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

4/3/08

The Chicks

I want to introduce the Chicks. Charles built me the Hen Hotel about 3 years ago. I have enjoyed watching Pearl (white), Henrietta (red), Weezie (dominicker), and Myrtle (gold wing) We don't have Blanche anymore. Four was the perfect number. I have fresh eggs everyday.

You may wonder what got me interested in having Chickens. I was on a trip and went to a bookstore. I found a great book "The Urban Chicken.' I was hoping I would find a link online for the book. I did find this site http://home.centurytel.net/thecitychicken/ that may be a help get started with your own coop.

Daley, one of my grandsons, once told me. "Mimi, I love coming to your house. It is like coming to ANIMAL PLANET. Gotta love it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

donna manning said...

CHICKENS!!!!! OH MY!!! YOU HAVE BEEN DOMESTICATED.
CHECK MY BLOG

LOVE YOU,
DONNA

Andrea Evans said...

I showed this to Daley! He got a big kick out of you quoting him! He wished we had all those animals at our house...3 kids, a husband, and a dog are about all I can handle! ha!